Monday, May 13, 2013

Mom's Day and Garden Update...

My Mother's Day boquet from Rachael Pierce and family.
Thank you so much, they are lovely!

Keaton got up early and made me waffles for my Mother's Day breakfast.  They were really good - thank you Keaton, you are so sweet!
(Gee, thanks for the not-so-awake picture of me, Tom)

The garden is all planted now.  As you can see, we have a lot of grass coming up where it shouldn't.  I forsee some weeding in my future.

Things are really going to town in the greenhouse.  Not quite out of hand yet.  I'll have to figure out how to arrange things as they get bigger.  These babys are staying in the hot-house!

My meditation spot near the pond.  Henry and his 'harem' as Tom calls them are doing quite swimmingly.  Winston procured some frogs and a baby toad from our good friend Jackie Ryan last week.  We let them go near the pond, hoping they'd take up residence there.  Jackie said she'd try to wrangle a baby turtle or two for us.  Winston got really excited about that!

The raspberries are starting to take off, too!  Wish Katlyne could come and help us pick the berries this year.  We're hoping the new aisles will make it easier.

The backyard is becoming a park.  Tom's starting to complain about having to mow it all the time - like twice a week!  That's quite a thing since he loves to mow the yard - it's his favorite pasttime!

And the Lilacs are blooming!

This one's for you, Rachael.  Just in case you're missing this guy.
Yes, I know.
I had to do it.
But the hair will grow back before you see him again.

Have a great week, everyone!

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

I love this post! I think we need to plan a trip down to enjoy your "park" in the near future. And do worry about the raspberries . . . I have a feeling that you will have all the help you can handle. :) How about we trade for blueberries? :) Love you guys!