Monday, May 27, 2013

Out of the loop and settling in for the big finish.

We've been a bit out of the loop lately.  Our internet time was used up a week early, so I haven't been keeping up on things.  We also have two more weeks of school left (and work for me).  With all the extra hours I've been working, I'm sure glad to have a 3-day weekend.  Whew!  So Winston and I are settling in for the next two weeks and then we'll be done for the school year - Yay!  Bring on the summer vacation!

A really cool picture that Tom took...

Today Tom helped me put in an asparagus bed.
It turned out really nice, and will get all of the drain water from the greenhouse.

Our garden took a bit of a hit last week.  After having nice warm days, which kicked everything off so well, we had a couple of nights that were below freezing.  The first night Tom got everything covered except for about three feet of the corn.  The next night nipped the tips of all of the corn.  The peas, cabbage and squash didn't seem to mind it.  Our pumpkin patch was decimated - so we had to re-plant the pumpkins.  I'm hoping that will be the end of the freezes!

Hope is growing up!  Her coat is looking so pretty, too!

She pops in during the evenings and visits us while we eat dinner on the deck.  She's been nibbling the burning bush away, though.  I guess she thinks if we're eating, she should be too.

She likes to hang out with Winston when he's playing outside.  She also likes to run around the yard with the dogs.  She'll even go up to Daisy and nudge her with her nose to get Daisy to start running.  If Daisy doesn't respond to the nose, she'll poke Daisy with her hoof.  I just hope she stays gentle with that hoof!

We had some visitors last week...
Know these people?
Aunt Cathy and Grandma Moore, thanks for coming to see us!

A good friend of mine, Jerene, gave me this beautiful blossom.
Keaton has been helping her with her garden, so she sent it home with him.  It's a tree peony and it is gorgeous!

That's it for now - Have a great week!

No comments: