Thursday, June 6, 2013

Doing the Happy Dance!

 
Happy-Happy-Happy!
 
Yesterday was my last day of work for the school year.  I love my job and I love working with the kids at school, but as the school year draws to a close I am soooooo ready for some time off.  So as I sent Winston off on the bus for his last day of school, I settled down with my cup of coffee and enjoyed some much needed quiet time.  Let the Summer Vacation begin!
 
As always, our summer seems to be filling up fast with things going on, and places we'll be going.  I think the month of June will just be the blink of an eye.  Winston and I will be enjoying a couple of days at Parma Convention, along with Keaton, and then we'll be spending a couple of weeks with my family.  All of my sisters will be together in one place for a while, and I am looking forward to being with them.  They are pretty great to hang around with.  We always have so much fun when we're together.  I'm also looking forward to getting some more time to visit with Mom and Dad.  It's been a while since I've been able to spend more than a day or two with them.  They are pretty great and fun to be with too!  I am so lucky!
 
Tom and the boys will be batching it while I'm gone.  I've filled the freezer with pre-cooked meals for them so they won't starve or have to live by hamburgers alone.  Keaton has recently moved out to the barn - it's all ready, finally. He pretty much takes care of himself except for still having meals with us.  I don't mind - it's great to still have all the family together around the meal table.  He seems to enjoy having space to himself.  He's had a couple of weekends with friends over to enjoy his place with him.  Preston now has the attic all to himself, although Winston seems to think it's time to move up there and be one of the big boys.
 
Our garden took a big hit from the last big freeze we had a couple of weeks ago, but seems to be pulling out of it.  The beans are struggling, because the Magpies keep pulling the seeds out of the ground and eating the tops off of the new little plants.  I think we'll have to plant them for a third time and cover them if we're ever going to have beans this year.  We did have some beautiful strawberries starting to come off, but the sprinkler - which is stationed in the middle of the strawberry bed - had the head pop off and gushed water all over.  The strawberry plants were completely immersed in water.  I hope they'll still be okay.  There is never an end to things for Tom to fix around here!  The greenhouse tomatos are starting to get blossoms and the pepper plants are getting little buds.  I'm excited to see things start growing - although I will miss some of it while I'm away.
 
I'm excited for Winston to get home from school today.  I got a surprise for him - a giant chocolate bar (his favorite) - which I will give to him when he gets off the bus.  Then we are going to read some of the 'Series of Unfortuate Events' together.  He has really been enjoying that series of books.  It's a great start to our Summer Vacation!
 
Have a great week!

No comments: