This year's Chick family reunion was at Mom & Dad's house. Winston and I came a couple of weeks early so we could get more than a one-day visit in. It was a lot of fun to be there with my sisters and their kids. It was wonderful to get to be with Mom and Dad again, too.
The temperatures were so HOT, I thought I was going to melt! The kids spent a lot of time in the pool and hot tub. They also got to be on Grandma's Library float for a local parade. There was lots of cousin time!
My favorite part of the visit was this:
Kendall and Melyni having a Karate-Kickbox moment.
Which followed with a super fun rummy game where they were playing their favorite music and showing off their cool moves. They got Skillz! I laughed so hard I could hardly breathe.
The pool stayed pretty busy. I tried to hop in it, but only lasted for about five minutes. That water was soooo cold! Sometimes I wish I was a kid again and could stand the cold water. It would have been a nice cool off.
Here Preston and Emily are trying to make big waves!
One of the kids' favorite games in the pool is 'Marco Polo'. Winston really surprised me this year by swimming all by himself - without a life jacket - from the shallow to deep end of the pool and back. It's so nice to not have to worry about whether he can swim if he falls in. He was a regular fish!
The kids also spent a lot of time in the hot tub.
It was all fun and games until someone - or someones - contaminated the hot tub (I'll step up and recognize the possiblity that my son could have been the culprit... ewwww!) . Then the hot tub party was over for the rest of the visit.
Dad and Nels cleaning out the hot tub.
Sorry girls, party's over.
What? Wasn't me!
Dad had a project that he was hoping to get done by the time everyone showed up, but the weather and paver delivery had other plans. Melyni, Nels and Rachel pitched in and really helped Dad out. He was extending his patio out to a fire pit. I think they were able to get about half of it done by the time everyone came. They did a great job on what they were able to do.
They had a bit of fun while they were at it, too!
During the reunion we got to play games - including the 'Funny Family Photos' game that Mom made. We also got to visit with Grandma Chick, along with Aunt Ruth and Uncle Keith. Grandma Chick brought some of her treasures to give to each of the grandkids. Thank you Grandma!
We also had the traditional egg hunt. I don't think the chocolate candy fared so well in the 100 degree weather. But the kids had fun anyway.
Uncle Levi helped the kids find the eggs
(maybe to make up for scaring them?)
Keaton and Dad taking a breather in the shade.
Counting up the bounty!
Everyone got a little of something.
That's a big egg, wonder what's inside?
This looks like a serious discussion.
As always, our time together went way too fast. It was so good to spend the weekend with all of my favorite people in one spot. I love my family! They're the best!
Until next year, Chickmas!














No comments:
Post a Comment