Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was pretty busy before the holidays, and then when the holidays came I just needed the down time. My schedule at work looks like it might be slowing down a bit for a while, so maybe I can get more blogging done!
We've had a LOT of rain this winter. A little over a week ago, the creek in our back yard gave up the ghost. The water had to go somewhere, so it chose the road that runs through our property out by the barn. There was a lot of water going down the road, and even from inside the house you could hear it. It was roaring! Tom went out to try to divert it away from the barn by putting heavy obstacles in it's way. We were able to keep it from washing into the barn, but it took out a bit of the grassy area in the orchard and washed out our pond. It also diverted into a little stream that went down under the trampoline. When Spring gets here and the ground thaws, we'll have some work to do on that road. Here is the evidence...
Tom, pressure washing the mud off the grass...
...evidently the grass needs washed.
This is our pond.
Now it's a mud bog.
I think our goldfish ended up washing down to the river.
I'm kind of sad about that.
This is what our pond used to look like.
This is what it looks like now.
The little mud flow that washed into the hole under the trampoline.
Doesn't look too bad in the picture.
The boardwalk Tom built so the boys could get from the barn to the house.
The new creek, running down the road.
It doesn't look that deep in the picture, but it is pretty deep. I wouldn't even drive my 4X4 through it. It's a big hole in the ground! Tom put his snow blade in the way to try to keep the water from washing over to the barn. It helped keep the water out, but I think it also helped make the hole bigger.
Never-ending fun at the Moore house!








No comments:
Post a Comment