It's getting to be that time of year again when parents in our county send their little 'chillin's' out to find the first buttercup of the season. The lucky child to bring in proof of the first buttercup sighting gets their picture in the local paper. Winston hasn't found one yet. I may have to crack the whip!
Okay, not really. But this is our first harbinger of spring around here - the search for the elusive buttercup. It's either that or the kamakaze robins... or the plethura of magpies outside my window. Or maybe it's that rogue moose that's been hanging around. I saw him just down the road on my way to work today. He was still there when I got home - eating the sweet green winter wheat.
So here's what's up with us...
Tom and Trenton worked on the chicken run a couple of weekends ago.
They did a great job!
Trenton has started track. Although he found that he had dislocated a tendon in his foot, so he can't sprint for another week. It's a good thing he's planning on doing the shotput and discus! We're closing in on the end of the year and graduation for him. We are taking him on a roadtrip to Arizona for spring break. We're all looking foward to the get-away.
Winston...
I'm not sure that kid should be allowed to run around with a mallet.
Keaton...
This was his 'Ring of Protection' on St. Patrick's Day.
Yep! He made it all by himself!
And it worked - he didn't get pinched!
Preston...
...and Rachael...
...are on a spring break get-away in Oregon. They stayed a couple of days on her Aunt's Ranch near John Day. Then they headed west to Uncle Paul's house to stay. They are going to spend a day on the coast and a day in Portland exploring the area. It sounds like it's been a fun trip for them so far.
Me...
...just the same old. I did get to serve two days of jury duty - woo-hoo - and then came down with a sinus infection after that doozy of a cold I had. Other than that, it's been work as usual. I am actually learning to metaphorically 'crack the whip' at school. I am sooooo looking forward to spring break!
In other news...
Here's our new babies!
Only one has a name yet.
Winston named her 'Blackie'.
Bet ya can't guess which one she is.
Have a great week ya'all!






No comments:
Post a Comment