I was looking through the pictures on my camera and discovered I hadn't downloaded these beauties to my laptop. So I guess it's as good a time as any to post them...
These are from 'Uncle Nels'' birthday extravaganza! Mom and Dad Chick came up from Low Idaho to be a part of the festivities. It was great having them here. We played lots of games, some of the usual and some nerdy ones like liars poker and a funky little game Nels and the boys have been involved in.
Playing something - maybe 'O Tish'.
Nels's birthday party!
Rachel made a chocolate cake and a toffee-laden pumpkin cheesecake.
They were heaven!
I love the look on Nels's face as we lit the candles. At the Moore house you're lucky to get your own age number in candles. We get creative around here. We happened to have a big '4' candle and three little stick candles - which made up the ripe ole' age of 34 for Uncle Nels. Hey, it works!
Blowing out the candles!
Nels got some nice gifts. His baby book and an envelope of pictures of him from Mom and Dad. A Superman mug from us and a Soda Stream machine from Rachel and the girls. We had fun helping him try out his Soda Stream!
The birthday boy and his beautiful Rachel
Now, on to that little game I was mentioning...
It's called Mordheim (sorry if I spelled it wrong Nels). Rachel calls it 'Nerd-heim'. But it's made up of these little figurines and it has a lot of rules.
Some of Nels's little guys.
Keaton - not sure if he's plotting his attack or what. I really don't know how this game is played, I just know it looks like it's pretty involved with dice, rulers and whatever structures they can come up with.
These are Preston's new little fellers.
He assembled and painted them. He hasn't told me their names yet.
Getting the troops ready for battle.
Game in progress.
I didn't get many photos of the other kids. They were busy off playing in the barn. Here's a Sunday Morning Pic.
Cousins!
And as usual, as I was perusing my photos I found this little gem...
Now that Winston knows how to use the camera I never know what I'm going to find on it.
As for the rest of our weekend?
Well...
We're just going to hang around in our stretchy-pants.
Have a great week!












No comments:
Post a Comment