Saturday, July 17, 2010

Blogging Inspiration ~ and Chickmas part I

I have had a blogging inspiration within the confines of my mind, and now I'm trying to make it a reality in the digital sense. I've got plans! Now if I can just find the time! If things go as I'd like... be prepared for lots of blogging with lots of pictures to come. To start it all off - and none too soon I might add - I am finally going to blog about our Chick family reunion - Chickmas 2010!

This year was Nels & Rachel's year to host Chickmas. They were kind enough to trade with Kendall & Jeremy so that we could have it here at our home to include Preston's graduation. It was really nice to have almost everyone here for both events. The only ones that weren't able to make it this year were Katie's family and Alma, Melyni's husband. We enjoyed getting to have Grandma Chick and Grandma & Grandpa Larson here again, also. And Grandma Marcia joined us in our celebrating this year.

Fire, Pie and Ferdinand's Ice Cream = YUM!
Like my 'Ghostie' Pictures? I think they're kind of cool. We spent the evenings sitting around the campfire, eating all kinds of treats- and there were plenty of them, including HUGE marshmallows. Jeremy brought his stereo, so he played requests from his big collection of various music genres. We Chicks have lots of fun critiquing, joking around and reminicing about different songs.

We also had some card games going, and a couple of games of the ever-present Catan. Can't come to the Moores and not play Catan. The little kids had fun jumping on the trampoline in the dark.

This year's reunion was kind of crazy with the graduation involved, and because we had some family missing, it was unfortunate that we didn't get any family group pictures taken. As I went through my photos, I did find some of my siblings. So, sorry to my siblings-in-law, I didn't have any pictures of you all except just in far-away group settings. But maybe you will be okay with not having pictures of yourselves plastered on my blog? Anyway, if I had the pictures, believe me, you'd be on here too. : )

SISTERS AND BROTHERS...

Kendall and Melyni, relaxing and listening to Kendall's ringtones. I was so glad to have them here. I don't know what it is, but I just love having my sisters around. We get along so well, and everything just seems so complete when we're all together. If only Katie could have been here, too. I was especially glad Melyni was able to come from England to be here this year, although sorry Alma couldn't be here with her. We enjoyed watching her son, Cade - who is 1 1/2, run around and try to keep up with his cousins. We'll be excited to find out if we have a new nephew or niece early next year when her new baby arrives. Kendall's husband, Jeremy, made a really yummy salad and baked beans for the BBQ. He's an awesome cook! He also did a great job in planning games and helping run the reunion. Their daughters, Tyra and Shelby are so full of energy and seem to fly around the place like little blonde pixies!

Erik, looking very cool with his shades. You can bet he's got some kind of plan cookin' and he's going to act on it soon... you can see it in his eyes. His wife, Jill, is really funny and sweet and I love getting to visit with her. Their Emily is a hoot, so full of life and rarin' to go - and Ali is such a little lady.

Here's Levi, and his Three four-legged progeny. Aren't they cute? Ruby, Lola and Kylo were a big hit at the reunion. It was so much fun watching them explore the farm. We love his wife, Kadie. It's fun to hear her tell about their life in the big city, and her stories about the pugs are very animated and we love it!

And the Main Man Himself.... Nels, the Camera Man - the Cinematographer Man - the Shoulder-Strap Movie Makin' Man. What an awesome camera he has. He took lots of photos and video of the whole thing, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the footage. He has a wonderful wife, Rachel, who is so talented, and together they have created a beautiful family. Hazel, Lily, Elsie and Violet: all very lovely girls with very distinct personalities. It is so neat to watch their family work together, it's truely a beautiful thing. Oh yeah, and Elsie is a princess - honest - she really is!

Amazingly enough, we were able to fit everyone into the house, barn and camptrailer. It was cozy, but we did it. I'm fairly sure everyone had a great time. The pictures seem to show it. So check back again for Chickmas Part II, it will be great!

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Hooray! I'm so excited for you to blog more! I love reading your thoughts and the fun adventures you have with your men. :) I feel so blessed to have married into your family. I doubt that there a many that can honestly say that they love their in-laws as much as I do. Thank you for being such a wonderful sister-in-law and also for opening up your home to us all last month --- and anytime! :) We always have such a wonderful time with you and Tom and our girls had such a blast. Thank you, thank you!