Monday, July 19, 2010

Chickmas Part III ~ ... and Games!

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!
Kendall and Jeremy planned a lot of fun games for the kids to play this year for the Chickmas Reunion. The Potato Sack (or pillow case) race was pretty fun. I think the little ones had an advantage over the teenage boys. Preston and Keaton kept tripping over their bags and falling to the ground!
This one looks pretty funny! Here Tyra and Lilie are holding tennis balls between their legs and trying to get them across the finish line without letting them fall to the ground.
I'm not sure what game is going on here. I do believe that Uncle Erik is enjoying himself, pelting the little kids with tennis balls as they run screaming and giggling with glee as fast as they can away from him. The dogs enjoyed it, too.
Tyra and Emily run ahead as Lilie desperately tries to flee Uncle Erik's onslaught! There were some other games, too - but I missed them. I was putting together salads for the BBQ. I think they had a tug-of-war, the little kids against the teenager boys. Keaton ended up tying the rope around his waist, thinking he'd have a win for sure by doing that. But Uncle Erik jumped in and helped the little kids out - so it didn't go as Keaton had planned. Kendall had planned to play Giant Soccer with a big exercise ball. I'm not sure if they got to do that. I didn't see it if they did.
I love this picture of Hazel - what childhood bliss! If only we could all be like this every day!
*
There's one more Chickmas blog coming your way, so stay tuned...

No comments: