That's my Dad! He's a great guy and a great grandpa... well, not literally a great-grandpa, yet (let's give Preston a few more years for that one!) But he's a great fella, to be a grandpa. His grandkids love him. He's the kind of guy that will let his grand-daughters put their fuzzy pink hats on his head, and he'll let his teenage grandsons take pictures of him wearing said pink hat. He's so cool! I could just hear him saying "Hey, ya wanna knuckle sandwich?" I love ya, Dad.
It was really great to have not only most of my siblings here in my home, but my parents and my grandparents, too. How lucky are we to be able to have four generations all together in one place, and able to celebrate together a milestone in my son's life - it's an awesome thing. I'm so glad my grandparents were able to come. FOUR GENERATIONS:
Me, Preston, Dad and Grandma Chick
Me, Preston, Mom and Grandma Larson
I found this cute picture of Nels holding baby Violet. She was the youngest 'Chick' at the reunion. I like how she's checking Preston out. From oldest to youngest, we all bring our own unique personalities and talents into this family. One thing I love about my family is that we get along so well. I think it's because we have real sense of family, love and respect for each other. And you know where that came from. It started generations before - with our grandparents. It continued with our parents. We honor it in the families we are raising now... we'll pass it on to our children one day. I see qualities of it in my own sons, and I am thankful for that.
1 comment:
Thank you for all your posts, Tracy. I really loved this one especially. I love your family so much. I see and appreciate all the traits you mentioned and feel so blessed to be part of such a wonderful family. Thank you for the part that you play in that as well. You have wonderful boys and I'm so impressed with who they are.
Post a Comment