Warning: If you are dieting, do not read this blog. The pictures will make you want to eat cookies.
Just sayin'...
On Wednesday I baked 4 BATCHES of cookies.
That is 16 DOZEN cookies.
That is 192 cookies.
Today they are gone.
I put the last cookie in a lunch bag this morning. I can't believe the gluttony of these guys. (I didn't even have one cookie out of all of those. I didn't even lick the cookie dough off my fingers or the beaters. I'm dedicated to the "No Sugar" pact.)
I used to really dislike baking cookies.
It started when a working Mom told me that she wished she could be just a stay-at-home Mom and bake cookies for her kids all day long. The tone she used seemed a bit condescending. I guess I kind of took offense. It was like baking cookies was the purpose of my life as a stay-at-home Mom.
There is much more to being a stay-at-home Mom than 'baking cookies all day long'.
That is not the sum of our parts - nor is it what should define us.
Thus, I boycotted baking cookies for a long time - unless I just had to. The other reason was that I would bake a batch of cookies and 2 hours later they would be gone. It just seemed like a waste of time.
So recently my dear friend and neighbor gave me this wonderful huge glass jar. I decided to fill it to the brim with cookies. I thought 16 dozen cookies should last us at least two weeks. (NOT!) I guess the boys will be without cookies for another week and-a-half.
Yeah, it's a HUGE jar!
P.S.: Please ignore the Oregon Duck cup in the background.
That's Uncle Paul's "Comin' to Visit" cup.
I don't know which traitor here used it that day.



2 comments:
At least the cookies didn't have time to get hard and stale!!!
You should have sabotaged the cookies because of the traitor!!
Post a Comment