Monday, September 17, 2012

Of Fish and Men

Fishing on Lake Coeur d'Alene

Our good friends, Scott & Mandy Thompson, invited us up to the lake house for some fishing this weekend.  Tom and Scott got up at the crack of dawn to get on the boat and sink some lines.  Mandy and I, along with the boys, slept in and relaxed at the house.

Tom's Large-Mouth Bass!

Scott's huge Pike!

The guys had a successful morning.  They caught several fish including Pike, Bass and Kokanee Salmon.  Tom even caught a little Crappie.  They released all of the fish except for some of the Kokanee, which we enjoyed having for dinner.

Later in the day we trekked across the lake to the town of Harrison.  Winston was especially excited to get to ride on the boat.  I wish I could have captured a picture of his face when we first took off.  It was priceless!

Yep, I was there too.

Tom had such a great day.  He sure misses fishing and this was exactly what he needed.

Scott, our captain.

The boys, just off the boat at Harrison.

While we were there we got some ice cream and spent a few minutes at the park.  It was a nice warm day.  The only drawback was the smoke.  Things were a bit hazy because of several fires in both Washington and Idaho.

Back on the boat.

I love Winston's chocolate ice-cream smile!
Tom even sent him to wash his face and hands before we left.  When he came back Tom said "You didn't wash your face."
Winston said "I DID wash my face!"

Leaving Harrison.

Having the time of his life.

No comments: