*SNOW*
We actually got about 8 inches of snow this past week. It has been really pretty to see the wheat fields all blanketed in white. We were so glad to finally have the sun come out after almost 3 weeks of ice and no sunshine. We'll take the snow for now if it means we can have the sun too. Having it so cold around here has certainly made us all cozy here at home together.
A typical Saturday morning.
Keaton, Preston and Rachel on their computers...
...probably waiting for pancakes.
I think Tom and I are really slowing down. Usually about this time of year we get antsy to start another project on the house or barn. Not this year. I don't know if it's because we're getting older or we've been so incredibly busy this year. There are still a few small projects that need to be done - like sheetrock over holes in the walls and some finish work in the barn. So far we just haven't had the inspiration to get those things done.
We have had a lot going on, just with work and the kids. Preston, Rachel and Keaton drive in to the college every day, but are home for dinner most evenings. That's when the real family time happens. Trenton is almost finished with his senior project, and is looking forward to graduation in May... or June... our school is still undecided on when to have it. Winston has been bringing home lots of homework. He has also taken up the drum in band, and brings it home to practice once in a while. I'm not sure how good he will be with his hearing deficit, but I think if he can learn some rythym, it probably will be good for him.
Trenton and Tom, working on the senior project power point.
Things certainly have been hopping having 7 people living here.
One thing I did like about the ice that settled in is the pretty ice patterns that Jack Frost left on some of our windows. This picture doesn't do all the icy-swirly-ness justice. They were beautiful!
Here's looking at a 'BRIGHTER' (and warmer) February everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment